Hi guys! So today we listened to
- "I am a rock" by Paul Simon (song)
- "You'll Nver Walk Alone" by Rogers and Hammerstein (song)
- "No Man is an Island" by John Donne (poem)
I am a rock is about a man who would rather be alone than have friends, because it causes pain.
He would rather be a rock who feels no pain and an island who never cries.
You'll never walk alone is about the opposite of I am a rock. Rogers and Hammerstein's lyric says that you will always have someone to support you no mather what.
No man is an island is about the same as you'll never walk alone, with another lyric.
"Every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main."
It means that you can't be alone even if you want to. There will always be someone who loves you, and wil be there for you no matter what.
I liked I am a rock better than You'll never walk alone and No man is an island because the melody is really catchy :)
- Albertine

Good description on the songs and the poem :)
SvarSlettDanke:)
SvarSlettA very good text about the songs and the content of them :)
SvarSlett